RE: [registrars] FW: MUSEUM proposal

  • To: "Paul Stahura" <paul.stahura@xxxxxxxx>, "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] FW: MUSEUM proposal
  • From: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 07:54:53 -0400
  • Cc: "Kurt Pritz" <pritz@xxxxxxxxx>, "Tim Cole" <tim.cole@xxxxxxxxx>, "Craig Schwartz" <craig.schwartz@xxxxxxxxx>, <karen.lentz@xxxxxxxxx>, "Registrar Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I too suggested that the .museum sponsor simply become accredited as a
registrar.

I urge folks with comments to raise them at the meeting and to post them
with ICANN by sending an e-mail to:

museum-renewal-2007@xxxxxxxxx

As of yesterday, my letter was the only posting:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/museum-renewal-2007/

Here is the provision at issue:

Appendix 6

Schedule of Reserved Names

E.  Sponsor may register up to 5000 domain names directly with the
Registry Operator and keep these names under direct management until the
conclusion of its designation by ICANN as the sponsor for the Sponsored
TLD.  At that time all such names that are registered to the Sponsor
(but not including those in Part B below) will be transferred at the
conclusion of status of sponsor of the registry.

Thanks.

Jon