Re: [registrars] FW: MUSEUM proposal

What I don't understand is why this is even an issue. Verisign set the monster precedent in this area with Network Solutions. I think it is perfectly reasonable for every registry to follow that precedent.

Set up an arms length company, get that company accredited, use that company as a registrar for the TLD.

If this is too onerous or expensive, I'd really start to question whether or not the registry has the resources to make a go of it in the first place - or a viable business model for that matter.

Why does everything that happens with registries have to be specialized and customer, especially in light of the fact that ICANN seems hell bent on standardizing everything that registrars do. ICANN's contractual/regulatory structure is completely incomprehensible - please stop reinventing the wheel at every turn.