Re: [registrars] Statement XXX agreement

as do we.

On 8-Mar-07, at 5:45 PM, Ward Benjamin wrote:

Tom,

Thanks for taking the initiative.

GMO Internet agrees with the statement.

Thanks,
Ben

Thomas Keller wrote:
Hello,
I drafted a statement in regard to the XXX agreement we can use
As I'm not sure if we can post this as an offical constituency statement
I would suggest that people that are interested in supporting the
statement just sign on to it and that I will post it as an individual comment tomorrow evening European time.
Suggestions to the wording are welcomed ;)
Best,
tom
--
Herby we would like to raise our concerns in respect to a paragraph of the Proposed ICM Registry Agreement for .XXX Appendix S, Part 6, Public Whois Specification which reads as follows: Registrars will be required to participate in the operation of a cross-registry WHOIS database, which will provide searching capabilities and access to all information concerning domain name registrations regardless of which TLD the domain name is registered in or which registrar processed the domain name application. The requirement resulting out of this paragraph is out of scope for this agreement as it stands in no direct relation to the operations of the XXX registry. It is our believe that substantial new and generic obligations to registrars should in any case be subject to the consensus policy process as mandated by the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (http://www.icann.org/registrars/ ra-agreement-17may01.htm) which is designed to implement such new policies in a open and transparent way. As the paragraph in question establishes a new and generic obligation for registrars we have to object to the inclusion of this paragraph in the final verion of the
XXX Registry Agreement.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
t. 416.538.5492
c. 416.828.8783
http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen