[registrars] Time for some clear thinking. When a rule is clearly wrong, change the rule!!!

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Time for some clear thinking. When a rule is clearly wrong, change the rule!!!
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:18:03 -0700
  • Cc: "'Tim Cole'" <tim.cole@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 10:17 PM 10/22/2006, John Berryhill wrote:
I guess the only way to settle this is for Jeff Eckhaus or some other
willing volunteer, to submit a whois data compliance report for Register.com
and then to produce a registration contract by which Register.com has
entered into an agreement with Register.com to register the domain name
"Register.com".

Dear John: Has it occurred to anyone that Register.com was one of the five selected for the test bed. As such, it should be clear that they registered through NSI, which was, at the time, registry and registrar?

Or that NSI was registrar and registry long before there was an ICANN.

This whole thing is silly. Perhaps there is some other underlying problem that is being addressed, but it makes no sense for a registrar to have another registrar hold its principle domain name.

Does GM have GE hold and manage its Trademarks? A registrar's principle domain name is part of its essential Intellectual Property. Why would we let a competitor control it?

Whewww!!!

Regards, BobC

Official State Symbol of Nevada:
The Traffic Cone