RE: [registrars] Stepping down from the Constituency Chair nomination

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Stepping down from the Constituency Chair nomination
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:59:07 -0700
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 03:11 PM 4/27/06, Tim Ruiz wrote:

Bob, not sure what you meant in the above comment, but to be clear, all
of the candidates have been seconded. And all except John Berryhill
have accepted and posted their COI statements.

Dear Tim:  Oops, sorry about that.

<snip>

Finally, Bhavin placed the deadline for nominations as 4/26/06. Not sure
what the procedure would be to reopen it, or if there is one. But there
isn't exactly an avalanche of interest.

It seems to me that Bhavin's act of withdrawing on *the_day_after* he proposed closing nominations has some implications. Our geographical diversity depended upon his candidacy *Bhavin* should therefore reopen nominations. Those who nominated and seconded his nomination, and those of us who stood by silently and approved, deserve no less than that:

Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:19:18 +0530
Thank you Marcus and Richard for nominating me,

I have given this some thought, and had some discussions with Jon. I had
taken up the position of Chair after significant deliberation 2 years ago.

end quote:

Cordially, BobC