[registrars] Results of balloting on The Purpose of the gTLD Whois System and Specific Contact

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>, RC Voting Members <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Results of balloting on The Purpose of the gTLD Whois System and Specific Contact
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 06:39:30 -0800
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Members:<br><br>
The balloting on this motion was completed on Wednesday, 9 November 2005
at 21:00 Pacific Time:<br><br>
Only ten ballots were cast.&nbsp; According to our Rules of Procedure,
ten is sufficient to validate the election.&nbsp; Here is the
reference:<br><br>
14. Notwithstanding Sections 12 and 13 above, if in any vote fewer than
the larger of (a) 10% of those Members registered to vote or (b) 10
Members registered to vote actually vote (which total shall include votes
cast for and against the motion, and any abstentions), such vote will be
deemed defeated.&nbsp; In such cases, upon a majority vote of the
Constituency Executive Committee, a revote on the same ballot shall take
place. <br><br>
Due to my shoulder surgery, it was difficult to send ticklers to our
members.&nbsp; Therefore I extended the voting period from the RoP 7 days
to 13 days and 6 hours.&nbsp; Those who did *not* vote came very close to
invalidating the election:-(&nbsp; We *must* do something to get better
participation.&nbsp; We certainly did not give a *mandate* to the
motion!!!<br><br>
I have been concerned for a long time that very few of our eligible
voters cast ballots.&nbsp; We seldom have more than 21 votes cast.&nbsp;
The exception was the vote on voting procedures.&nbsp; In that case, in
October of 2004, 34 of 49 voted with 69% participating.<br><br>
One member, Maxine Appleby, made a comment, which follows:<br><br>

<dl>
<dd>Although I agree in principle that the issues surrounding the gTLD
Whois System and specific contact records needs to be addressed, I also
feel strongly that certain modifications will place many stakeholders,
ISPs, and Hosting companies who regularly and legitimately use the Whois
system to obtain an expiration status at a disadvantage.<br><br>

</dl><h2><b>&nbsp; Voting Summary</b></h2>&nbsp; Options with highest
number of votes are bold<br>
</b>No 0 0%<br>
Abstain 0 0%<br>
Other 0 0<br>
Eligible members who have voted: 10 of 49 20%&nbsp;
ballot.]<br><br>
</b>Keith Lubsen The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Donny Simonton The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Paul Stahura The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Erik Abildgaard Knudsen The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Duane Connelly The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Rob Hall The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Donna McGehee The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Siegfried Langenbach The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Thomas Moerz The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Claudio Corbetta The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
J.P. Vazquez The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Robert Connelly The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
John Wong The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Jonathon Nevett The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Nezih Erkman The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Margie Milam The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Bill Mushkin The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Henning Grote The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Monte Cahn The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Jordi Hinojosa The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Maria Silva The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Adrian Kinderis The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Benjamin Ward The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Jens Wagner The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Jay Westerdal The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Jeff Field The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Bhavin Turakhia The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Jordyn Buchanan The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Mark Jeftovic The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Nitin Agarwal The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Vincent Hamm The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Scott Jung The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
John Berryhill, Ph.d., esq. The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Alexander Schwertner The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Seth Jacoby The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Mason Cole The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Samantha Frida The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Richard Lau The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br>
Gianluca Pellegrini The Registrars Constituency --&nbsp; <br><br>
The following ten made policy for the Constituency:<br><br>
Steinar Grøtterød The Registrars Constituency Yes&nbsp; <br>
Clint Page The Registrars Constituency Yes&nbsp; <br>
Tom Keller The Registrars Constituency Yes&nbsp; <br>
Tim Ruiz The Registrars Constituency Yes&nbsp; <br>
Mathieu Dierstein The Registrars Constituency Yes&nbsp; <br>
Ross Rader The Registrars Constituency Yes&nbsp; <br>
Bruce Tonkin The Registrars Constituency Yes&nbsp; <br>
Marcus Faure The Registrars Constituency Yes&nbsp; <br>
Tom Barrett The Registrars Constituency Yes&nbsp; <br>
Maxine Appleby The Registrars Constituency Yes
</b></h2><font color="#FF0000">Opening date: Thursday, 27 October 2005 @
3:00 pm PT<br>
Closing date: Wednesday, 9 November 2005 @ 9:00 pm PT<br>
Reminder email: Wednesday, 2 November 2005 @ 6:00 am PT<br><br>