[registrars] MAIL from Vint Cerf

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] MAIL from Vint Cerf
  • From: "Bhavin Turakhia" <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:09:09 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi all,

I have recvd the below email from Vint (attached at the bottom of this
email). I believe Bruce has already posted something similar to this effect
on the registrars constituency mailing list.

Just as we did in the case of dot-net, I would like to propose the creation
of a workgroup of people who will focus on creating a document that outlines
the specific concerns that all of us Registrars have with the settlement
process. the process we will follow is -

* form a workgroup of people who will be responsible for drafting the
statement we send to the board. volunteers please send an email to the reg
con mailing list or to me

* setup a mailing list for this work group

* all registrars from the constituency will then point out what their
concerns with the settlement process are and send this via email to the
workgroup

* it will be the task of this workgroup to distill those concerns into a
coherent and concise statement

* if some concerns are not unanimous, the workgroup will state so in the
communication we make, however every concern will be taken into account
unless there is very little support for it

* this statement will then be presented to the ICANN board

* the statement will also be discussed with the ICANN board in the vancouver
meeting

* the work group will also work towards creating a structured plan for
addressing our concerns in the best possible way through the registrars
constituency

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, Chairman & CEO