Re: [registrars] DROA Notice

Jordyn Buchanan wrote:
I think we're probably one of the registrars who Ross is asserting were
"denying all outbound transfers".  Without re-opening an age-old debate,
I'll note that although we did not permit transfers where we could not
verify the registrant's intent to transfer, we certainly permitted a
significant number of transfers away, so only rather creative
interpretations of the word "all" would be applicable.

Actually I was referring to those registrars that were simply blocking all transfers. There were secondary players, such as RCOM, that were also doing what you describe. Both were the source of a sizable number of complaints.

More importantly, as Tim points out, portability is no better under the
new transfer policy--the percentage of transfers that succeeds seems to
be no better now than under the previous policy, with the exception of
names managed by registrants unlucky enough to misunderstand what
locking does.

We've seen a significant decrease in the incidents of complaints in this area.

-ross