RE: [registrars] Registrar meetings in Vancouver

At 02:23 PM 11/2/05, Tim Ruiz wrote:
That works out to ~26% of the members being able to pass something. I
think that needs to be reconsidered even for motions or elections that
we have the full length of time to contemplate and discuss.

Dear Tim: The By-Laws Committee has had on its plate the revision of the By-Laws for about two years (Elana was still Chair). Lots of smoke but no fire.

Bhavin passed the chairmanship of the Committee to me last Spring and it took about three months to amend and pass the revisions to the RoP. No one has seen enough incentive to try to change the By-Laws, which requires a two-thirds majority.

The big concern was the shell registrars. Several rewordings of the 51% rule were proposed early on (before I was chair), but no proposal was offered.

Not one draft has been proposed.

Regards, BobC