RE: [registrars] Very important: Forming a group for comments on .NET RRA

  • To: Paul Stahura <stahura@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Very important: Forming a group for comments on .NET RRA
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:42:47 -0700
  • Cc: Bhavin Turakhia <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxx>, registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT:
blue 2px solid"><BR>-------- Original Message --------<BR>Subject: RE:
[registrars] Very important: Forming a group &nbsp;for comments<BR>on
.NET RRA<BR>From: "Paul Stahura" &lt;stahura@xxxxxxxx&gt;<BR>Date: Thu,
July 28, 2005 12:36 pm<BR>To: "Bhavin Turakhia"
&lt;bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt;, &lt;registrars@xxxxxxxx&gt;<BR><BR>I'd
like to be involved as well. <BR><BR>-----Original
Message-----<BR>From:
owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>[mailto:owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Nevett, Jonathon<BR>Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 8:37
AM<BR>To: Bhavin Turakhia; registrars@xxxxxxxx<BR>Subject: RE:
[registrars] Very important: Forming a group for comments<BR>on .NET
RRA<BR><BR>Bhavin:<BR><BR>I'd like to be part of the group. &nbsp;I
already have prepared a redline of<BR>some changes I would like to see
in the RRA. &nbsp;I can circulate it to the<BR>group as a starting
point. &nbsp;Thanks.<BR><BR>Jon<BR><BR>-----Original
Message-----<BR>From:
owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>[mailto:owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Bhavin Turakhia<BR>Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 5:19
AM<BR>To: registrars@xxxxxxxx<BR>Subject: [registrars] Very important:
Forming a group for comments on<BR>.NET RRA<BR><BR><BR>Hi
everyone,<BR><BR>As mentioned in the Luxembourg conference, by Vint,
the .NET RRA<BR>(Registry<BR>Registrar Agreement) is still open for
public comment until Sep 1 2005,<BR>giving us 1 month.<BR><BR>Instead
of having people provide random comments I would much rather<BR>have
a<BR>coordinated exercise where all of us as Registrars can offer
atleast to<BR>some<BR>degree a combined feedback on the
Agreement.<BR><BR>I propose we form a group amongst us who studies the
.NET RRA. The rest<BR>of<BR>us can then send our notes and comments to
this group and we may then<BR>make a<BR>combined statement. Offcourse
registrars are free to make independent<BR>comments apart from this
anyways. However any important aspects should<BR>be<BR>sent as a
combined statement from all registrars.<BR><BR>I need volunteers who
wish to take up this task and who will within the<BR>next<BR>10-15 days
present differences between the orignal RRA and this new
one,<BR>as<BR>well as highlight areas of concerns and
comments.<BR><BR>Can I get a show of hands on people
interested<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Bhavin<BR><BR>-----Original
Message-----<BR>From: VeriSign Customer Service
[mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] <BR>Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:54
PM<BR>To: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR>Subject: Important Notice - Registrar
Advisory Regarding the .net<BR>Registry-Registrar Agreement
("RRA")<BR><BR>Dear Registrar:<BR><BR>The purpose of this advisory is
to inform all Registrars of .net domain<BR>names of the expected
schedule and procedure for transitioning from the<BR>current version of
the RRA to the new standard RRA for .net. &nbsp;<BR><BR>During the ICANN
Board Meeting held in Luxembourg, ICANN extended the<BR>period<BR>for
providing input concerning the .net RRA to September 1,
2005.<BR>Registrars<BR>therefore should provide any input to ICANN by
that date. Following the<BR>end<BR>of this period, on September 15,
2005, VeriSign plans to distribute to<BR>all<BR>.net Registrars the
final RRA that will replace the existing RRA in<BR>accordance with
applicable requirements. <BR>&nbsp;<BR>The .net agreement is posted for
comments and can be found on the ICANN<BR>website at
http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/net.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Raynor
Dahlquist<BR>Vice President<BR>VeriSign Naming and Directory Services
</BLOCKQUOTE>