[registrars] ICANN Board Resolutions - 28-June-2005

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] ICANN Board Resolutions - 28-June-2005
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:19:06 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Registrars:

I just wanted to apprise the constituency of the following action items that
the ICANN Board took during our teleconference earlier this week. To date a
copy of the preliminary report has not yet been posted,
http://www.icann.org/minutes/. However, I am confident that ICANN staff will
see to the posting of this document within the five business day timeframe.
In fact, I believe it is important to acknowledge the increased efficiency
which John Jeffrey has been posting these documents which are part of the
bedrock of ICANN's bottom-up, open and transparent process.

Approved the Minutes from our last teleconference;
Approved execution of the .MOBI registry contract
Approved ICANN's continuing budget resolution
Approved .HK Redelegation Request
Approved financial expenditures in connection with legal bills
Approved reimbursement of Director's travel expenses
Approved staff to move forward with contractual negotiations with regard to
.TEL application
(http://www.icann.org/tlds/stld-apps-19mar04/tel-telnic.htm)

During the call I also requested an update on the .NET contract
negotiations. As you may be aware this contract was recently executed by
VeriSign and ICANN and will go into effect July 1, 2005 (tomorrow). VeriSign
has sent out notification to the registrars yesterday evening. I have asked
ICANN staff to expeditious post the final .NET contract and its appendixes
on the ICANN website as soon as possible as I know a number of members of
the ICANN community had concerns regarding the initial draft contract.

Should anyone have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to
contact me.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage