RE: [registrars] RE: Call for Constituency statements on Whois tf 1/2 recommendations

  • To: <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Robert F. Connelly'" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] RE: Call for Constituency statements on Whois tf 1/2 recommendations
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:46:51 -0600
  • Cc: "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think where we at an entirely new (and better) motion needing 5
endorsements. I add my endorsement to the motion and offer this proposed
amendment (hopefully taken as friendly):

I propose this paragraph in the motion be removed:

Whereas, it is appropriate to notify registrants that their data will be
included in the Whois system and to obtain Registrants' acknowledgement of
the fact that their data is included in the Whois system as part of the
registration process prior to the completion of a registration transaction;

Otherwise, I think we have the 5 endorsements for this motion (Ross, Tom,
Bruce, Bob, and myself).

Strictly by our Rules, this does reset the clock a bit. But Tom indicated
that he and Paul can work with this with the understanding that it has yet
to go to a formal vote.

If my above proposed change is accepted as friendly the change can be made
before submitting it to the Task Force. Otherwise it can just be included on
the ballot when we vote.

Tim