Re: [registrars] RE: Call for Constituency statements on Whois TF 1 & 2 recommendations

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] RE: Call for Constituency statements on Whois TF 1 & 2 recommendations
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:42:27 -0800
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 01:03 AM 1/20/05, Thomas Keller wrote:
Just one remark:

Prescribing the form and scope of *my* legal agreements with *my* registrants
is inappropriate and without precedent under current agreements. This entire
clause should be removed from the recommendations.

Dear Thomas and others: Thomas' posting directs us toward more careful analysis of the Motion as now drafted.

Many years ago, I was part of a small, on campus Toastmasters Club. One of our assignments was to deliver a speech to an antagonistic or hostile audience.

To do so, and to hopefully coopt at least a few of the listeners, it is necessary to put ones self into the shoes of the audience and carefully *listen* to our own speech with an open mind.

I fear that our present draft shows tunnel vision and blind self interest. I fear that it will fall on deaf ears as presently drafted.

Cordially, BobC

should be changed to:

Prescribing the form and scope of a *registrars* legal agreements with *its*
registrants is inappropriate and without precedent under current agreements.
This entire clause should be removed from the recommendations.

Best

New Email Address from 9 January 2005
rconnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx