RE: [registrars] RE: Call for Constituency statements on Whois tf 1/2 recommendations

  • To: "'Robert F. Connelly'" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] RE: Call for Constituency statements on Whois tf 1/2 recommendations
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:49:05 -0600
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bob,

I have seen no one, except you, object to considering the 14-day discussion
period as completed on the 23rd as I proposed. Tom's suggested changes were
accepted and posted on the 20th. So if you want to give it four days, then I
won't call for a vote until the 24th. That's not quite in line with Rules
either and if you still object I will just back them out.

We could also invoke I.11 of the Rules of Procedure and have a 5 or 6 day
voting period. The exceptional circumstance is that our Task Force Reps need
a statement by January 31.

Regarding unfriendly amendments, you don't quite have that correct. Our
Rules of Procedures cover that in section I.10. So if the motion gets an
unfriendly amendment it will simply be included in the ballot.

Tim