[registrars] Re-establishing By-laws revision committee

  • To: "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Re-establishing By-laws revision committee
  • From: "Bhavin Turakhia" <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:14:37 +0530
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

In our meeting on Dec 1st we discussed the revitalization of the by-laws
revision committee. We had a set of people working on revising our by-laws
to reflect changes that we need to make since quite some time. Not much has
come out of this and our by-laws remain as they are.

We need to re-establish a new by-laws revision committee with specific
objectives and goals and a timeframe to achieve them within.

Some of the objectives we wish to see in our by-laws are -

* encourage participation
* disallow multiple votes generated by shell accreditations or multiple
accreditations
* revise the nominations and motions process language and durations

We will discuss the exact objectives after forming the committee. This mail
is a CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE ON THIS RE-ESTABLISHED BY-LAW
REVISION COMMITTEE

I would encourage 3 to 4 of you to join this effort. It is very important to
have participants who believe in more action less talk and will work to
suggesting these modifications within a short time

Please send me a note if you would like to participate in this process and
we can discuss and take the process forward

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, CEO and Chairman
DirectI
http://www.directi.com
Direct Line: +91 (22) 5679 7600
Direct Fax: +91 (22) 5679 7510
Board Line (USA): +1 (415) 240 4172 ext 7600
Board Line (India): +91 (22) 5679 7500 ext 7600