RE: [registrars] .net thick/thin discussion

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] .net thick/thin discussion
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:14:40 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The fact that info and biz are cheaper has nothing to do with Whois or the
thick/thin model.

And the issues with privacy don't go away with thick. They only get more
complicated because both the registry and the registrar maintain Whois data.
While we can outsource, the RAA does not relieve the registrar from
fulfilling its Whois requirements based on whether a registry is thick or
thin, or what the privacy rules are in the home country of the registry.

I agree with Paul on this.

Tim