Re: [registrars] ICANN Meeting

Elana,

No no, I was just talking about someone (a volunteer as we do in IETF meetings before to start the meeting we ask for a volunteer) taking notes from our constituency....and about the meeting notes I'm still waiting for the notes from the 2003/09/11 meeting of washington, some teleconf notes and the notes from Tunis and KL.

Jean-Michel

Elana Broitman wrote:

these are all very good suggestions. I want to note that there is always a meeting summary provided after the meeting, but perhaps what Jean-Michel is suggesting is paying someone to take a transcript?

-----Original Message----- From: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Steinar Grøtterød Sent: Thu 7/22/2004 12:09 PM To: Jean-Michel Becar; registrars@xxxxxxxx Cc: Subject: RE: [registrars] ICANN Meeting

	I support Tom and Jean-Michel on this. Some might argument that it will cost extra for tel.conf but the tel.conf. seldom works properly during the RC meeting at ICANN. An updated RC web with notes from the meetings in ICANN will be an excellent substitute for the "second day meeting".

If the present web is not working OK, Active ISP will happily support RC with a free web-portal. Re the notes - we do have a secretary. Steinar Active ISP ASA, Norway -----Original Message----- From: Jean-Michel Becar [mailto:jmbecar@xxxxxx] Sent: 22. juli 2004 12:27 To: registrars@xxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [registrars] ICANN Meeting

Definitly agreed with Tom here. I would also like to add that we diefinitly need 2 things: - Our web site updated. - For our meetings we should select or ask for a volunteer to take notes and to post them of the list in order to give the people who didn't travel with us to be aware of what we talked about. For the web site, I remember somebody replied to my previous request for it but I cannot find the email so I don't remember who he was. I 'm willing to help for the web site and to take notes the next conf call or/and meeting. Jean-Michel Thomas Keller wrote: >Hi all, > >talking to fellow registrars after attending "yet another ICANN meeting" >we came up with the idea that it would serve the purpose of having a >lively and informed discusion if we would change the meetings setup. >Since most of the participants are around for more than one day we should >take this chance to be more productive and extend the meeting to two >days. On the first day all existing issues should be presented in depth >neccesarry to fully understand the constrains of them. This would also >be a good time to have other informal meetings like cross constituency >meetings and sales pitches. THe second day should than serve for >discussions around the issues presented on the first day. It might be >a wise idea to have a "free" day in between the two sessions to allow >for offline discussions. > >I as well as others believe that this would raise the effectiness of our >meetings quite a bit and would enable us to actually get work done. > >Best, > >tom > >-- > >Thomas Keller > >Domain Services >Schlund + Partner AG >Brauerstrasse 48 Tel. +49-721-91374-534 >76135 Karlsruhe, Germany Fax +49-721-91374-215 >http://www.schlund.de tom@xxxxxxxxxx > >