Re: [registrars] FW: Registry-Registrar discussions

On 6/10/2004 2:03 PM Elana Broitman noted that:
Com/net are not contractually required to transition. Therefore, they
are not part of a formal statement (below). The registry has indicated,
however, their intent to transition at a later date in 2005.

I think there was reasonable support from the membership to delay all transitions until Verisign had completed their transition in order to avoid policy inconsistencies with the smaller registries EPP implementations as much as possible. I'm not sure I see any reasons why the smaller registries should rush when in fact it was them that hastened the implementation of EPP quite significantly. In fact, I would even go so far as to characterize this "delay" as being a reward of sorts and give them a chance to focus on other things instead of undertaking the formality of upgrading to EPP 1.0.

All in all, I am in favor of a delay for the current crop of EPP capable registries - just much longer than what they are currently asking for.

	-rwr

"In the modern world the intelligence of public opinion is the one indispensable condition for social progress."
	- Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926)