RE: [registrars] FW: Transfer Undo Mechanism

  • To: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] FW: Transfer Undo Mechanism
  • From: "Elana Broitman" <ebroitman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:22:13 -0400
  • Cc: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tim - I agree with you.  Not sure what the difficulty is, but they did
indicate that undoing the date will delay implementation.

I think a key issue for registrars to discuss among ourselves is how a
registrar that wins the dispute can effectively get the registration fee
from the registrar that erroneously transferred in the name and got the
payment. It seems to me that only registries have any effective remedy
because they have funds from all of us.