[registrars] budget thoughts

  • To: Registrars List <Registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] budget thoughts
  • From: Rick Wesson <wessorh@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:08:38 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If small new registrars are the problem, increase the accreditation fee
to 19K and leave the per domain fee constant with a small annual fee.

The logic escapes me on how ICANN is servicing us, or irate registrants.

If there are a lot of irate registrants lets request that ICANN make that
data publicly available so that registrants can learn who the best
registrars are.

US Air lines must publish their gate times and how they perform is made
very public.

I am opposed to any measure that ICANN quotes that is not open to
public verification. If we are funding 3.8M USD surely we can request
that the totals for registrar complaints be posted on a public web site.

This would have a 2 fold impact -- it would shame the bad registrars into
better compliance by markets choosing other registrars AND that would cost
ICANN less because of the decrease in complaints.

-rick