Re: [registrars] 66% needed for approval

  • To: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] 66% needed for approval
  • From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 10:19:48 -0400
  • Cc: "'Rick Wesson'" <wessorh@xxxxxx>, "'Monte Cahn'" <monte@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Rob Hall'" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Jean-Michel Becar'" <jmbecar@xxxxxx>, "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 5/28/2004 10:11 AM Tim Ruiz noted that:

We should think our response through, and its long term impact, very
carefully.

I couldn't agree more with this approach Tim. Registrars have little or no leverage in this environment and if we aren't prudent, we will quickly squander what we do have.

If we can continue to make modest incremental improvements to the overall infrastructure, process and framework while working to get the overall budget down, I think we've done what we can while preserving what we have. Its not a perfect approach, but I really don't see any other outcome that befits our collective interests.

--

                       -rwr

                "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
                                           All life is an experiment.
                            The more experiments you make the better."
                        - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org