RE: [registrars] ICANN budget.

At 06:39 PM 5/25/2004, Bruce Tonkin wrote:
> 2. A large flat fee penalizes small registrars.  A fee system
> based upon numbers of domains registered, with minimal fixed
> fees, is more equitable.

A large transaction fee penalises registrars with many names.

Dear Bruce: But the transaction fee I propose would follow the present practice, same for all registrars. Regards, BobC

Every registrar paying the same fee would be fair too and would meet
your criteria no.1.
It would however make it difficult for small registrars.

The key is to find a reasonable balance between the two extremes.