RE: [registrars] FW: Budget Advisory Group Selection for 2004-200 5

  • To: "'Monte Cahn'" <monte@xxxxxxxxxxx>, michael@xxxxxxxxxx, "'Rob Hall'" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] FW: Budget Advisory Group Selection for 2004-200 5
  • From: "Cute, Brian" <bcute@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:36:27 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I anticipated that someone would raise this issue at some point post sale.
The bottom line is that Pivotal Private Equity owns 85% of Network Solutions
-- owns, controls and solely directs the business.

When I come to the office each morning, I, like you, have one motivation:
what is in the best interest of my company -- in my case Network Solutions.
When I participate in the RC, I ask myself what is in the best interest of
registrars and Network Solutions.  The only "check" against supporting RC
action is when I believe a contemplated action would harm Network Solutions'
business individually or registrars business collectively.  In that
instance, I would break with an RC position.  (A position I am sure all of
you would take.)

I recognize that I work for a company that represents many things to RC
members.  I do not expect members to change their perceptions or attitudes
overnight.  I trust that the majority of RC members recognize the hollow
nature of the post below.  I also hope to earn your trust, over time, and
that is why I asked for the opportunity to service on the Budget Advisory
Group.

Our interests are aligned and I am highly motivated to advocate the best and
most aggressive RC position in that setting.

Regards,
Brian