RE: [registrars] Deletes task force

  • To: "Rob Hall" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Registrars Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Deletes task force
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:51:18 +1100
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Rob,

> However, one way to skin the cat and make everyone happy
> would be for the Registry to allow Registrars to choose what
> method they prefer.  It should be a simple flag at the
> Registry I would think.

That would be my preference too. In the past I have requested the
registry operators consider a change where we are not charged until the
end of the auto-renew grace period
(if it is a grace period why do we get charged up front).

At this stage I am not aware of any registry operators planning to
change the operation of the business rules associated with the
registry-registrar protocol, and I expect that any such change would
require separate ICANN approval.

The new delete policy does require registrars to delete names that are
not renewed.

Regards,
Bruce