[registrars] Deletes task force

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Deletes task force
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <rconnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:27:32 -0800
  • Cc: Mieko Umezu <umezu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Bruce:&nbsp; What can you tell me about the deletes task force
report's status at ICANN?<br><br>
I just noted this statement:<br><br>

<dl>
<dd>registries may elect to delete names <font color="#FF0000">for which
an explicit renew command has not been received </font>prior to the
expiration of the grace period.<br><br>

It sound to me as if a customer came into the office during the grace
period and paid for cash, it would require that we take an additional
step to prevent cancellation.<br><br>
In fact, we have many bank transfer renewals.&nbsp; The practice has been
to let the auto renewal become permanent without any additional
steps.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br><br>
Please tell me what we should do if this report is accepted by ICANN as a
required procedure.<br><br>
Regards, BobC<br><br>