RE: [registrars] FW: Senate passes anti-Spam bill

  • To: "Paul Stahura" <stahura@xxxxxxxx>, <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] FW: Senate passes anti-Spam bill
  • From: "Elana Broitman" <ebroitman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:18:38 -0500
  • Cc: "legal" <legal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paul - you are right to be concerned, but the operative language is "intentionally initiates the
transmission of multiple commercial electronic mail messages from any combination of such accounts or domain names..."

That would be liability for the spammer who uses a domain masking product.

Elana Broitman
Register.com
575 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10018