[registrars] Network Solutions

  • To: "'registrars@xxxxxxxx'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Network Solutions
  • From: "Cute, Brian" <bcute@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:26:27 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yesterday marked an important event for Network Solutions and, in a real
sense, for the Registrar Constituency.  Pivotal Private Equity, a private
equity firm based in Phoenix, Arizona, announced the completion of its
acquisition of the Network Solutions registrar business from VeriSign, Inc.
It is, at once, the closing of a chapter and a new beginning for Network
Solutions as it becomes, again, an independent company.  I look forward to
working with the members of the RC and intend to make positive contributions
to the RC work program.  It is my hope that the RC can engage in
constructive collaboration, concerning issues of common concern, to the
benefit of all RC members.