Re: [registrars] China Government tightens up on Registrars....

  • To: Paul M Kane <Paul.Kane@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] China Government tightens up on Registrars....
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <rconnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:27:31 -0800
  • Cc: registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At 02:19 PM 11/24/03 +0000, Paul M Kane wrote:
"Small companies without an established investment and physical presence are much more likely to disregard regulations," said Nathan Midler, a research manager at IDC Asia Pacific

Dear Registrars: I would differ with this assessment. I know my opinion is controversial on this list. However, U.S. firms with publicly traded shares on one of the "big boards" are much more likely to focus on quarterly reports and their effects upon the corporate temptation to turn a blind eye to discrepancies -- if it helps them boost the apparent increase in profits and the resultant increase in the selling price of their shares.

Regards, BobC, which is "speaking" from his long experience with the "quarterly report syndrome". I am not speaking a Secretary of the RC.