Re: [registrars] FYI - Staff Manager's report on New Registry

  • Subject: Re: [registrars] FYI - Staff Manager's report on New Registry
  • From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 13:15:38 -0500
  • Cc: registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 11/4/2003 1:08 PM Michael D. Palage noted that:
As the editor of the Staff Manager's Issues Report on the Development of a
Process for the Introduction of New or Modified Registry Services, I would
like to include a statement from each constituency regarding how you
believe the issues affect your constituency. This will be included in the
Stakeholder Groups and Their Apparent Positions section of the report,
which is due to be published Friday, 7 November.

This is a follow-on to the request made of the constituencies in the GNSO
Council meeting of 16 October.

Given the tight timeline and lack of apparent progress, it might make the most sense for us to draft a position and request signatories and forward a statement as an unofficial document. I don't believe that we can draft and adopt a formal position in the time allotted.

Unless there are objections or a proposal to the contrary, I would be happy to draft and circulate a document over the next twenty-four hours if it would help.

Please send me comments or information that you believe reflects your corporate position and I will attempt to incorporate it into the draft to the best of my ability and circulate for comment later tomorrow.

--

                       -rwr

                "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
                                           All life is an experiment.
                            The more experiments you make the better."
                        - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org
begin:vcard
fn:Ross Wm. Rader
n:Rader;Ross
org:Tucows Inc.;Research & Innovation
adr:;;96 Mowat;Toronto;ON;M6K 3M1;Canada
email;internet:ross@xxxxxxxxxx
title:Director, Research & Innovation
tel;work:416.538.5492
tel;fax:416.531.1257