RE: [registrars] Pivotal Private Equity to Acquire Network Solutions for $100m

  • To: "'Registrars Constituency'" <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Pivotal Private Equity to Acquire Network Solutions for $100m
  • From: "Bhavin Turakhia" <bhavin.t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:31:10 +0530
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Pivotal is acquiring the registrar business.

I guess verisign Is keeping a 15% stake. Though this is a SURPRISE move
:) ......

Purchase price (Registrar+Registry): $21 billion
Sale price (Registrar): $100 million

Though they do have stakes in other registrars. Or is it netsol that has
stakes in other registrars they bought? Such as srsplus.com and a couple
of others whose names I do not immediately recollect

Im wondering what this means for WLS, transfers and every other issue
where the chinese wall always came up as a question

bhavin