Re: [registrars] Final Motion for Balloting

  • To: Rob Hall <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Final Motion for Balloting
  • From: "Ross Wm. Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:20:42 -0400
  • Cc: registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 9/19/2003 11:04 AM Rob Hall noted that:

Ross,

I would suggest a small wording change be made in the last paragraph.

I would remove the word  "other" so that ANY GTLD Registry would have to go
through this process (including Verisign for .com/.net).  I believe that if
Verisign wants to do it, they should have to go through the process just
like anyone else (ie: they may not choose to do it now ... I know your first
para tries to deal with this, but I think removing the word "other" is
best).

Fair point. I've squeezed it in as a last minute change and sent it to Rick to have the final ballot amended (I sent in the final wording last night per Elana's instructions and then again this AM per an offlist request...) Its up to the excomm to accept this final change, but I suspect that it won't be a problem.

I would also support removing the "gTLD" in the last paragraph and leaving
it at "Any Registry".  I think before ccTLD Registries all start doing this,
ICANN should have a published position on it.

That is something best left to the CCNSO or more appropriately, the local community.

	-rwr

"In the modern world the intelligence of public opinion is the one indispensable condition for social progress."
	- Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926)