[registrars] Spammer spoofing Registrars emails

  • To: registrars@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [registrars] Spammer spoofing Registrars emails
  • From: Gary Boyd <Gary.Boyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:09:34 +0100
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have recently been blighted by a series of bulk spam emails where the
spammer spoofed our email address. We have a strict UCE policy and therefore
take this is as a slight on our reputation as well as an inconvenience.

I was wondering if any other Registrars have had similar experiences.

Regards,

Gary

Gary Boyd
Head of Product Management, NetNames
Part of NetBenefit plc
T: +44 (0)20 7549 5288
F: +44 (0)20 7253 8588

This email has been scanned for viruses by NetBenefit using Sophos anti-virus technology