[registrars] DRAFT Standard form for use by losing registrars after a transfer is initiated

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] DRAFT Standard form for use by losing registrars after a transfer is initiated
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 15:55:55 +1000
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

Further to my posting on a Standardized Form of Authorisation,
Recommendation 11 (b) and (c) refers to the ability for a losing
registrar to independently confirm that a registrant has authorised a
transfer AFTER receiving notice of a pending transfer from the REGISTRY.

Below is a modified version of the form of authorisation for use by a
losing registrar AFTER receiving notice of a pending transfer from the
REGISTRY.

Note that no other text is able to accompany this audit message,
although losing registrars are free to separately provide marketing
information aimed at retaining the registrant.

Again I would like feedback on the message.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin

******************

An English version of this message is contained below.

<INSERT TRANSLATION OF ENGLISH VERSION IN PREFERRED LANGUAGE OF THE
REGISTRANT IF KNOWN>

ENGLISH VERSION

DOMAIN NAME TRANSFER

Attention: <insert Registrant or Administrative Contact of Record as
listed in the WHOIS>

Re: Transfer of <insert domain name>

We are the current registrar of record for this domain name.

We received notification on <insert date of notification> that you have
requested
a transfer to <insert name of gaining registrar>.
This means that <insert name of gaining registrar> will become the new
registrar of record for your domain name on <add 5 day to date of
notification>.

If you have authorised this transfer, you are under no obligation to
respond to this message.

If you did not authorise this transfer, please contact us <insert losing
registrar contact details>,

Or alternatively please go to our website, <insert URL of confirmation
webpage>
to confirm or deny the transfer.
[Note: website to contain text as above, with the option to confirm or
deny the transfer]