[registrars] RE: Registrar Approval of Variable Accreditation Fee for 2003-2004

  • To: <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] RE: Registrar Approval of Variable Accreditation Fee for 2003-2004
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:24:42 +1000
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Elana,

I suggest if we are going to approve this, that we consider a joint
letter to ICANN highlighting concerns of registrars.

For example the ICANN Board approved new policies in relation to WHOIS
and Transfers, and I expect will approve a deletes policy in Catharge.
Despite progress in developing new policies to address problems for
registrants, we have seen very little progress on either implementation
of these new policy outsocmes, or compliance with the existing policies.

The ICANN cover note below makes mention of work on introducing new
gtlds, but no mention of implementing new policies already approved.

The lack of progress on transfers - which was approved by the ICANN
Board in April - is very dissappointing.

Regards,
Bruce