RE: [ispcp] Fwd: ISPCP Delegate to the ICANN 2017 Nominating Committee
- To: "'Novoa, Osvaldo'" <onovoa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ispcp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [ispcp] Fwd: ISPCP Delegate to the ICANN 2017 Nominating Committee
- From: "tonyarholmes" <tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 14:19:21 +0100
- In-reply-to: <6DFC53F4-3EA3-4AD2-9512-F66620C5CA96@antel.com.uy>
- List-id: ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <3056f0d43f83464dae1638c50b889419@PMBX112-W1-CA-1.PEXCH112.ICANN.ORG> <6DFC53F4-3EA3-4AD2-9512-F66620C5CA96@antel.com.uy>
- Sender: owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AQKFp3UTNMrJvCNG4Dsjd8Gr7hDgxAH+ms1Dnqg7+8A=
Thanks for your willingness to stand again. Having served on the NomCom I fully appreciate that the first year can be a substantial learning experience. We should discuss this more on this week's Constituency call.
From: owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Novoa, Osvaldo
Sent: 19 July 2016 13:04
Subject: [ispcp] Fwd: ISPCP Delegate to the ICANN 2017 Nominating Committee
I would like to continue one more year in the NomCom, it has been a very valuable experience and I think that I can do a better work next year after what I have learned in this year NomCom.
Thank you all and best regards,
Inicio del mensaje reenviado:
De: NomCom 2016 <nomcom2016@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nomcom2016@xxxxxxxxx>>
Asunto: ISPCP Delegate to the ICANN 2017 Nominating Committee
Fecha: 18 de julio de 2016, 19:25:17 UYT
Para: "tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:tonyarholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Cc: "Novoa, Osvaldo" <onovoa@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:onovoa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>, Jia-Juh Kimoto <jiajuh.kimoto@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:jiajuh.kimoto@xxxxxxxxx>>, Joette Youkhanna <joette.youkhanna@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:joette.youkhanna@xxxxxxxxx>>, Stephane Van Gelder - Starting Dot <svg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:svg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>, Hans Petter Holen <hph@xxxxxxxx<mailto:hph@xxxxxxxx>>, "wolfgang.kleinwaechter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:wolfgang.kleinwaechter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <wolfgang.kleinwaechter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:wolfgang.kleinwaechter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
This email is sent on behalf of the 2017 Nominating Committee (NomCom) Chair, still to be appointed by the ICANN Board of Directors and ask that the stakeholder groups and constituencies of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) select a delegate to join the 2017 NomCom. Osvaldo Novoa (ISPCP delegate) serves on the 2016 NomCom and is eligible to serve again if selected.
The composition of the NomCom is outlined in Article VII, Section 2. Composition of ICANN’s Bylaws: (https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VII)
“Section 2. COMPOSITION
The Nominating Committee shall be composed of the following persons:
1. A non-voting Chair, appointed by the ICANN Board; 2. A non-voting Chair-Elect, appointed by the ICANN Board as a non-voting advisor; 3. A non-voting liaison appointed by the ICANN Root Server System Advisory Committee established by Article XI of these Bylaws<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#XI-2.3>;
4. A non-voting liaison appointed by the ICANN Security and Stability Advisory Committee established by Article XI of these Bylaws<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#XI-2.2>;
5. A non-voting liaison appointed by the Governmental Advisory Committee<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#XI-2.1>;
6. Subject to the provisions of the Transition Article of these Bylaws, five voting delegates selected by the At-Large Advisory Committee established by Article XI of these Bylaws<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#XI-2.4>;
7. Voting delegates to the Nominating Committee shall be selected from the Generic Names Supporting Organization, established by Article X of these Bylaws<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#X-5.3>, as follows:
a. One delegate from the Registries Stakeholder Group; b. One delegate from the Registrars Stakeholder Group; c. Two delegates from the Business Constituency, one representing small business users and one representing large business users; d. One delegate from the Internet Service Providers Constituency; e. One delegate from the Intellectual Property Constituency; and f. One delegate from consumer and civil society groups, selected by the Non-Commercial Users Constituency.
8. One voting delegate each selected by the following entities:
a. The Council of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization established by Article IX of these Bylaws<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#IX>;
b. The Council of the Address Supporting Organization established by Article VIII of these Bylaws<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VIII>; and c. The Internet Engineering Task Force.
9. A non-voting Associate Chair, who may be appointed by the Chair, at his or her sole discretion, to serve during all or part of the term of the Chair. The Associate Chair may not be a person who is otherwise a member of the same Nominating Committee. The Associate Chair shall assist the Chair in carrying out the duties of the Chair, but shall not serve, temporarily or otherwise, in the place of the Chair.”
We would be grateful if you could make your selection as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, 5 August 2016.
We hope service on the NomCom will be interesting and rewarding. The 2017 NomCom will select 2 Directors of the ICANN Board, 3 members of the ALAC, 2 members of the GNSO Council, and 1 member of the ccNSO Council.
All 2017 NomCom members should be able to attend the first formal meeting of the 2017 NomCom in Hyderabad, India which is anticipated to be held at the conclusion of the ICANN 57 meeting, 3 – 9 November 2016. Travel and hotel accommodation will be provided.
Please note the following as you select and appoint your delegate to the 2017 NomCom:
* Specific criteria for selecting a delegate to the NomCom is provided in Article VII, Section 4 of ICANN’s Bylaws (https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VII)
“Section 4. CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF NOMINATING COMMITTEE DELEGATES Delegates to the ICANN Nominating Committee shall be:
1. Accomplished persons of integrity, objectivity, and intelligence, with reputations for sound judgment and open minds, and with experience and competence with collegial large group decision-making; 2. Persons with wide contacts, broad experience in the Internet community, and a commitment to the success of ICANN; 3. Persons whom the selecting body is confident will consult widely and accept input in carrying out their responsibilities; 4. Persons who are neutral and objective, without any fixed personal commitments to particular individuals, organizations, or commercial objectives in carrying out their Nominating Committee responsibilities; 5. Persons with an understanding of ICANN's mission and the potential impact of ICANN's activities on the broader Internet community who are willing to serve as volunteers, without compensation other than the reimbursement of certain expenses; and 6. Persons who are able to work and communicate in written and spoken English.”
* NomCom delegates should have a high level network of contacts essential to candidate recruitment (and we hope the ISPCP - as sending entity will support your delegate and help them with outreach).
* Eligibility Exception - No person who is an employee of or paid consultant to ICANN (including the Ombudsman) shall simultaneously serve in any of the Nominating Committee positions as described in Article VII, Section 2 of ICANN’s Bylaws (https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VII-2).
* The person should be able to join monthly teleconferences (typically 14:00 or 15:00 UTC). Note that the committee's workload will increasesignificantly during Apr/May/June 2017 when the candidate assessment process will be at its busiest. Conference calls are held more frequently (typically weekly) during this time as well.
* The person must be able to attend the NomCom selection meeting in late June 2017.
* The person should be willing to work in a large, consensus-oriented committee.
The NomCom have guideline<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/nomcom2016-guidelines-2015-11-12-en> and procedure<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/nomcom2016-procedures-2015-11-12-en> documents for reference that provide additional information about the work of the NomCom.
Please consider geographic diversity and gender balance of the NomCom when making your selection of delegate.
We would appreciate your acknowledging receipt of this message, and please send the name of the ISPCP delegate no later than Friday, 5 August 2016 to NomCom Staff Support, Joette Youkhanna at: joette.youkhanna@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:joette.youkhanna@xxxxxxxxx> and Jia Kimoto at: jia-juh.kimoto@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:jia-juh.kimoto@xxxxxxxxx>.
Many thanks in advance for helping the 2017 NomCom get off to a good start!
Stephane Van Gelder, Chair - 2016 NomCom Hans Petter Holen, Chair Elect – 2016 NomCom Wolfgang Kleinwaechter, Associate Chair – 2016 NomCom
Nominating Committee Operations
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA USA 90094-2536
El presente correo y cualquier posible archivo adjunto está dirigido únicamente al destinatario del mensaje y contiene información que puede ser confidencial. Si Ud. no es el destinatario correcto por favor notifique al remitente respondiendo anexando este mensaje y elimine inmediatamente el e-mail y los posibles archivos adjuntos al mismo de su sistema. Está prohibida cualquier utilización, difusión o copia de este e-mail por cualquier persona o entidad que no sean las específicas destinatarias del mensaje. ANTEL no acepta ninguna responsabilidad con respecto a cualquier comunicación que haya sido emitida incumpliendo nuestra Política de Seguridad de la Información
This e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not intended recipient please inform the sender immediately, answering this e-mail and delete it as well as the attached files. Any use, circulation or copy of this e-mail by any person or entity that is not the specific addressee(s) is prohibited. ANTEL is not responsible for any communication emitted without respecting our Information Security Policy.