ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[ispcp]

[ispcp] SECRETARIAT: Proposal for Election by Acclamation

  • To: <ispcp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ispcp] SECRETARIAT: Proposal for Election by Acclamation
  • From: "Mark McFadden" <ireland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:36:42 -0600
  • Sender: owner-ispcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                    ISP and Connectivity Providers Constituency Group
                          Domain Name Supporting Organization - ICANN
GNSO ISPCP REPRESENTATIVES - PROPOSAL FOR ELECTION BY ACCLAMATION

In the last two weeks the ISPCP Secretariat has put out a call for
nominations for the new GNSO Council.  As a constituency we have
three positions to fill.

Of the three representatives,
- one must be identified for a 2 year term
- two will serve a one year term (until end of annual meeting in 2004)

Three people from the Constituency have been nominated and each has
confirmed his interest in serving the constituency in this role.

The nominees are:

Tony Holmes (British Telecom)
Tony Harris (CABASE)
Greg Ruth (Verizon)

The Secretariat would like to propose that we elect this slate of
nominees, effective 15 November 2003, by general acclamation of the
constituency.  The Secretariat further proposes that Mr Tony Holmes
fill the slot identified for a 2 year term.

Our constituency has used this process before when the number of
nominees exactly matches the number of positions being filled.

Objections to this proposal must be presented to the Secretariat
by Friday, 15 November 2003.  Any objection received by the
Secretariat will result in the Secretariat executing a traditional
voting election within the Constituency.

This mail requests that you either support the slate of nominated
candidates for the GNSO Council or raise an objection.  The
will announce the results of the Constituency vote on this proposal
at 2200 GMT, 15 November 2003.

Objections should be sent to the constituency mailing list or to
ispcp-activities@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

If you have questions relating to the election, the constituency
Articles or the election process please contact the Secretariat
of the constituency:

Mark McFadden at
ispcp-activities@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.