RE: [ga] GNSO Council: Taking 21 months to arrive at bad decisions

Danny:

I agree that registries should be able to use a variety of sales
channels.
The point is that those sales channels should be operating under ICANN
contracts.

If a new registry wants to sell domain name services at 7-11 or Wawa
stores, for example, that is fine as long as they are bound by ICANN
contracts and Consensus Policies.

Registrars will have commercial incentives to sell IDN names and to
service such customers in language.  Registrars will not be the cause of
a delay in rolling out IDNs if there is a market demand for them.

Google, Microsoft, and AOL are all ICANN-accredited registrars.  It's
not difficult to get accredited whatever entity a registry might want to
sell domain name services through.  In fact, there are current
discussions related to changing the rules regarding registry ownership
of registrars.

The bottom line is that you are making contradictory arguments in your
various postings.  You argue that there should be more regulation at the
same time you argue that there should be less.  Pick one.

Thanks.

Jon