Re: [ga] Amendment to List Rules ***

  • To: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Amendment to List Rules ***
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:48:10 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There does not appear to be any objection to these amendments. I also cannot envision any logical or legalistic reasons, not to, implement them.
  Let us give it another day or so. And then simply adopt them.

  The obvious en futuro reason to be skeptical is that; if we are ever to invoke the need for 2, then we are at least on the brink of litigation and therefor everything will be picked apart and scrutinized. I have reconciled such a problem and will simply place the List Rules and all amendments on a ratification ballot in the elections to elect the next Chair.

  Eric
  as Chair

"Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          As per the Chair's request on August 18th, this is the 2nd consecutive daily post.

  Now that the GA has officially adopted the GA List Rules, I motion that we amend the GA List Rules to:

  1 - correct the typos with email addresses containing @dnso.org and @gnso.org and replace them with @gnso.icann.org
2 - clarify that prohibition of legal threats is solely directed at personal attacks against other GA members and expressly omits discussion of lawsuits pertaining to GA business. Such discussion would not constitute a violation of the GA List Rules.

  I am not a lawyer and these are only my personal opinions. If you require legal advice, you should seek qualified legal counsel.

  Sincerely,
Ted
Prophet Partners Inc.
http://www.ProphetPartners.com