[ga] I'm very happy with the progress on the GA

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] I'm very happy with the progress on the GA
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:16:49 -0400
  • Cc: `TLDA Member List <members@xxxxxxxx>, "tlda-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tlda-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just wanted to make a note. I'm very happy with the progress i've been seeing here on the GA. A hearty congratulations to all of you who voted on the GA rules. I understand they are now being considered by the GNSO council - and thats a good thing. I have a nagging feeling this little experiment in participatory democracy may actually bring forth an organization of some sort.

But ICANN still researves the right to bring us down. They have done so many times before. Therefore like any game of chance where the rules are rigged they have every opportunity to let us down again. I will pray this does not happen. The fallout will be serious if they do. It already is a technical nightmare out there.

I'm very happy people are getting involved proposing amendments. Thats nice to see. I would lke to see the GA appoint an executive and get itself a bank account. Its very important we take seriously what we are proposing here - i.e. the first internet democracy trully representative of the community - therefore it would be nice to see some financial contributions. This sort of thing is all on my wish list.

Congrates to Dr. Dierker who has facilitated this historical event.

cheers
joe baptista

--
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551