[ga] Interface to implement List Rules/Draft for comment

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Interface to implement List Rules/Draft for comment
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:06:26 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Councilors,

  This letter is a formal request from the GNSO General Assembly for recognition of our List Rules and for a directive that we be allowed to interface with those in control of the List in order to implement our new rules.

  Our GA list will be more effective in contributing to the business of the GNSO if we are allowed a modicum of self governance. Within the Rules we have provided for reasonable self organization and a disciplinary regimen.

  We are mindful of the differences which from time to time may exist between the GA and the existing structural members of ICANN. It is by establishing procedures and restraints that we hope to change those differences into contributions.

  Please earnestly consider this request.

  Respectfully,
  Eric Hugh Dierker
  GA Chair