Re: [ga] CC's and BCC's

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] CC's and BCC's
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:57:15 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny and all,

  I agree.  I also have no countenance for name calling either.
Do you?  Seems maybe you do. < trolls, Danny? >  My my...

  I don't agree with your definition of cross posting as I
understand it from your remarks below.  However I do
believe the "reply all" for this forum encourages cross posting
form my definition of cross posting and needs to have been
fixed long ago now.  Double post to members already on
this or any eMail list forum is a waste of bandwidth.  Sending
separate posts is also a horrible waste of bandwidth, as
is Yahoo or other webmail attached trailer Marketing msgs.
Such is also UCE spam.  I remove such so as not to
exacerbate or propagate this sort of spam. So a rule
to ban this sort of thing IMHO, is in order as well.  >:)
Would that work for you Danny?  Everyone?

  However I believe tolerance is the best policy.

Danny Younger wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> I see no good reason why we should countenance the
> behaviors of trolls.
>
> The cross-posting admonition of the DNSO Secretariat,
> namely, "If somebody is member to many lists and
> wishes to share some topic with any of them he/she
> shall write to all of them separately" is sound advice
> and should be incorporated as a list rule.

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827