RE: [ga] Haiti, the Internet and ICANN

  • To: <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Haiti, the Internet and ICANN
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:31:44 +0200
  • Cc: "'Debbie Garside'" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sotiris,

I don't know what you mean by "US law", but .IQ has been redelegated upon
request of the government of Iraq, following the same IANA procedures that
have been applied for all redelegations.
See minutes of the Board meeting
(http://www.icann.org/minutes/minutes-28jul05.htm) and the IANA report
(http://www.iana.org/reports/iq-report-05aug05.pdf).

Cheers,