[ga] IU Con

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] IU Con
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:25:41 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The cool thing about working on the charter is that 90% of the arguing has already been done by better men than I. I simply have the luxury of redrafting without a committee.(except me, myself and I - which can be intimidating)
  Otherwise we should be able to agree to argue now - unless there is no argument.

  Eric

  5. Nominations.

  5.1. Any member can nominate any other member as a candidate for a seat on the Names Council. And any nomination must be seconded by any other member.
    5.2. The candidate must accept the nomination within a reasonable period.
  5.3. Self - nomination is not possible.

  6. Voting for representatives.
    6.1. All Individual members may vote as individuals.
  6.2. Nothing will give rights to multiple votes per individual.
  6.3. It is envisaged that the system of voting for candidates will take full advantage of the potential inherent in on-line voting, i.e. each voter can express a preference-vote for each candidate on a list of candidates.
  6.4. A committee will be established of no less than 5 members and no more than 21, that will be tasked with drafting the charter of the constituency in more detail and nominating candidates for committees. The initial steering committee will stand for re-election after three months. After the initial term, the term of office will be as determined but staggered.
  6.5. Spokespeople will be those who gain the highest approval ratings in elections. The total number of spokespeople will be determined by vote of the steering committee.

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.