RE: [ga] independent review and information disclosure policies posted

  • To: <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] independent review and information disclosure policies posted
  • From: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 00:18:34 +0100
  • Cc: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Could it be that, perhaps, ICANN have commissioned this review, perhaps
recognising a certain lack of transparency and lack of procedures in place
to assist with transparency, as a first step towards a remedy?

See my last email for ideas on how to be inclusive of the process.  Put your
thoughts and ideas in the Action Plan format.  You may be surprised at the
response it receives.

For instance, the question wrt "maximum extent feasible" could be placed in
the Action Plan as a recommendation to define the phrase for clarity.  That
is not saying that there would be an easy definition but it would highlight
the point and ICANN would see the loop hole that you are complaining about.
Perhaps this would lead to a rewording of the ByLaws.

Best regards

Debbie