RE: [ga] Increased foreign attendance

  • To: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Increased foreign attendance
  • From: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:15:53 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx, sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Hi Danny
>
> Thanks for the outline.  I can, somewhat, understand your frustration.
> However as an observer I can perhaps see why, I have been subscribed to
> this
> list since December 2006 and from what I can see the majority of posts are
> highly critical of ICANN and not in any way constructive; it is the
> constructive aspect that is missing.

Well, Debbie, here's some food for thought for you... those of us who have
been on these ICANN mailing lists since 1998 have seen our constructive
input completely ignored for 8 years before you came along.  Perhaps we're
a little tired of being ignored? More than just a little frustrated...?
Perhaps we're tired of obsequious johnny-come-latelies of the "civil
society" sort showing up who know nothing of the history of ICANN and
telling us how to be constructive?  Perhaps you should familiarize
yourself with ICANN history before you come out scolding those of us who
have been members of these mailing lists as well as original ICANN
At-Large Members for many years before you even knew there was an ICANN...

SS