Re: [ga] NA RALO SOI

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] NA RALO SOI
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 20:40:44 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I seem to recall that budgeted item. But I think that was just for attending junkets or ICANN meetings throughout globe.

  Could you point me in the direction of some paid staff? It certainly would make a difference if there is someone paid out of my money to send out notices and the GA was not included.

  Eric

Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Re: "It is just a collective of diverse folks working
without a budget"

Not exactly true... the ICANN Budget sets aside
$760,000 for the At-Large (sufficient for staff
support plus travel funds so that 35 people can attend
each and every ICANN session -- yes, ICANN shells out
the cash so that they can pretend to be the at-large).

--- Hugh Dierker wrote:

> Well because I got notice so late, I submitted but
> was denied due to lateness.
>
> I just got to looking at this thing with the NA
> RALO, and it kept coming up wrong.
> It just does not appear to me that anyone is
> really doing anything bad. It is just a collective
> of diverse folks working without a budget and doing
> the best their interests will let them. I like and
> respect all the volunteers that have commented on
> either side of this notification issue.
>
> Right here in the GA we have lack of interest on
> many issues, no one is to blame; how can I make a
> Sotiris, Karl or Danny jump in and take the heat
> and produce a consensus when no one will support
> them? And they spend many hours without pay knowing
> there may be little effect. And the complain. I hope
> they never stop.
>
> Now I imagine that even though this position is
> stated as "no qualifications", I will not qualify
> regardless.
>
> But I feel better now that I stepped up to the
> plate, rather than just sidelined it.
> Some who attack everything and never volunteer
> would be wise to do something rather than complain.
> I sight Danny's excellent constant vigilance and
> Karl's great website as examples of doing something.
>
> Have a great day.

> Need Mail bonding?
> Go to the Yahoo! Mail Q&A for great tips from Yahoo!
> Answers users.

Got a little couch potato?