Re: [ga] Escrowing Proxy Data instead of True Registrant Data

At 01:12 19/05/2007, Karl Auerbach wrote:
However, do we want a centrally designed system of uniform design (one size fits all)? Or do we want to allow flexibility.

The missa is said.

ccTLDs will never subscribe to such a system, nor national and open TLDs, nor keyword services, nor alias support services.
ICANN may want to include such a "value added" service in its package. This only is a credibility factor of the ICANN registry band. If some other consortium comes with another package they will compete (hopefully for better quality).

Everyone knows that ICANN has no way to make the root server system survive IDNs. Therefore all what is discussed about the DNS and the name space, must take into account the impact of the end of the root server system (what is not the end of the Master file, nor of the DNS influence). Otherwise ICANN will be unprepared and replaced by the grassroots process under way, instead of leading it with IETF as they should.

Their choice.
jfc