[ga] Check up

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Check up
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 07:07:22 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whois. I think it important to remember that we here at the GA do not do things like bureaucrats - just to do them. We were going to run a parrallel course of Whois wg to keep an alternative and more open view than the GNSO wg. Well we ended up not doing that.

  But it does not matter. Our members are fully active in the current gnso wg whois. Registrants views are being put forth as are privacy issues etc. etc. So in fact we did not need a seperate group as the the one active is inclusive.

  Now this does not relieve us of our obligations in other issues which we know are brewing.
  We need to get an RAA wg working very soon.  And:
  As Joe put it; "I can see an INS WG some day.  There are now thousands of TLD in the
Name Space.  Hundreds of organizations have demostrated a need for an
open name space structure in which all can participate at a reasonable
cost"
  I now ask Joe to lay out what he thinks we should do in this regard; and please keep it easy for lay persons to understand - as I expect many do not know what INS stands for.

  Happy Mothers Day to all.

  Eric