Re: [ga] Defunct Resellers, e.g., Internet Gateway Inc.?

  • To: "Kevin M. Kelly" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Defunct Resellers, e.g., Internet Gateway Inc.?
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 07:10:09 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry about your problems Kevin.
  I am afraid you just have to keep trying what you have been doing and and ccICANN on all correspondence. The Blog and the public participation sites.

  I ask if there is someone with a similar problem to post their suggestions. But from what I have seen only persistance works in these cases.

  Eric

"Kevin M. Kelly" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hello All,

I've been lurking on the list for the past few years, but now one of
colleagues could use your help.

A colleague has contacted me about renewing the dot.org domain name for
their professional organization. The domain is registered with Internet
Gateway Inc. http://www.igateway.net/ [a Tucows, Inc. reseller]

You may remember those guys:

http://www.eff.org/IP/Emulation/Blizzard_v_bnetd/20040930BNETDOrder.pdf

My colleagues have: 1) set a certified letter with payment to Internet
Gateway Inc. 2) attempted to contact Internet Gateway Inc. via email and
phone 3) attempted to contacted Tucows, Inc. via email and phone.

Given the notoriety of the Internet Gateway Inc. debacle, I expected
some FAQs on the Tucows website, but I couldn't locate any information.
Others have had to deal with this. [??]

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Kevin

<----
Kevin M. Kelly