Re: [ga] Re: [RAA] working group to design a better RAA

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: [RAA] working group to design a better RAA
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:49:46 -0700
  • Cc: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Dierker and all,

  Good way to get things rolling.  I disagree with a dual list approach,

but I can live with it.  In that we are now limited by using this GA
list for these WG's, how does anyone envision effecting 2 lists for
each WG to be effected?  Sotiris seems to be ready to go with
the RAA WG using this GA list and indicating what is RAA related
by designating [RAA] in the subject to indicate RAA discussion.

Does Ted or Chris or anyone else have a proceeding in this way
for now?  If so, what does anyone else want  to actually do otherwise?
Chris, Ted, suggestions that either of you can effect now?

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    I like your logic. However we are a little squeezed on lists for
> the moment and I am afraid we will have to put the cart in front of
> the horse for a bit while we try to reach some compliance with the
> By-Laws Danny cited.
>
>   The reasons for my initial dislike for lists is being addressed and
> noted and I think on the forefront of peoples minds. Sometimes this is
> all it takes to avoid pitfalls. I really do not see anything wrong
> with a dual list system with everything readabale yet one closed off
> to get the work done.
>
>   Let us build it before we ask others to come. Outreach is huge but
> we have to have an in before we have an out.
>
>   If we organize into groups first it will be more manageable to move
> on from there.
>
>   Eric
>
> "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   Hi Jeff,
>
> The initial "We" refers to our small company and does not refer to
> Chris.
>
> Our initial recommendation is to create WGs with posting limited to
> designated participants. Anyone may read these posts. Each WG
> sub-forum is
> then created for anyone to read and / or comment. The WG suggestions /
>
> comments forum would also serve the purpose of educating newbies who
> are
> starting to familiarize themselves with ICANN issues for the first
> time. It
> does not make sense to combine serious in-depth discussions of a WG
> with
> other discussions that are just getting up to speed. Have you ever
> noticed
> how a slow driver can slow down all the people driving behind him /
> her? Our
> intent with the primary WG forum and the WG sub-forum with suggestions
> /
> comments is to increase efficiency, not to stop anyone from having
> their
> voice heard.
>
> We believe that it is better to initially segregate the WG forum from
> the WG
> sub-forum with suggestions / comments. It would be far easier to merge
> the
> two together at a later date if so desired, than the alternative of
> starting
> with one forum and then later splitting them into two by revoking
> privileges.
>
> Sincerely,
> Ted
> Prophet Partners Inc.